Saturday, July 11, 2009

Maturity

In words of Stephen R. Covey, “Maturity is a balance between courage and consideration. ”
Courage to put forward your feeling and conviction with a consideration for others’ feelings and convictions, especially when the matter is important to both.
When I confronted her about my feelings, I was too much into “consideration” part rather than the “courage” part. I simply did not have the courage to put forward my real feelings. Now that I think about it, I had fared "good" enough that day. But “good” is worst enemy of “best”. I should have done my “best”, but I did only “good”, or so do I think.I was too much “concerned” about how she would take it. I was too pernickety about what she would she think of me and if I would be able to sustain any kind of relationship with her.
So, to be more mature I have to balance the “courage” and “consideration” in dealing with people.
Excerpts from My Diary [What have I Learnt Today… 30th May, 2007, Kolkata]

No comments: